11 September 2010

New Mountain Bike Trails

I finished eating lunch at about 2 o'clock, so I got in my car and drove up to the biology trail head, a system of trails that meander their way up and across the hill which SAU is nestled at the base of. When I first arrived, I wasn't expecting much of a mountain bike trail for after all, it's a nature trail. I talked to some people earlier in the week, "the biology trail is alright" said one of them, in reference to mountain biking on it. Once I started my hike up the trail however, I was almost immediately gratified at the splendor of the multiple singletrack style trails on the hill. Its almost as if they were built specifically for mountain biking, lacking only berms and jumps. The trails are plenty steep, and plenty technical, with roots and rocks protruding from the surface of the dirt. My bike should be here sometime next week, and I almost can't wait to hop on it and ride down those trails. The main trail has some cool ladder bridges running across a stream every so often. Branching out from the main trail are many tributaries ranging in difficulty. One of these trails was so steep I don't think even world cup riders would risk injury riding down it. Once my bike gets here, I'll be riding the trails almost every day. Eventually, I hope to blaze a downhill specific trail running down the hill, with jumps and berms. The next step is to find a way to mount my HV30 steadily to my helmet, so I can post up a helmet-cam video of these trails. Stay tuned!

A butterfly I saw while exploring the trails. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment